It makes no sense. I guess you could say it’s baffling, mind boggling, life altering, stupendous, and leaves me humbled, grateful, and tee- totally in awe of the amazing power of God. Reference here.
Although this author is writing about God calling her to write a book, I’m using this quote for all that God is doing in my life. Wow, that God would see me, know me and love me and choose to bless me in all these ways – both great and small.
You’ve guessed it.
I had an amazing weekend.
- I am grateful for God, for His love, for this beautiful weather, for this amazing relationship He has called me to with Him. Thank you, Lord, thank you.
- I am grateful for the healing God has done and is doing in my marriage – there was so much damage my wrong thinking had done, and not only has God renewed my mind, He is healing the damage that was done. It is a process, and we’re not quite there yet – but we’re a lot further along than what we were just a little while ago. Thank you, Lord.
6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
- I am grateful for my family – my husband and daughter. They make me laugh, they make me cry, they worry me, they give me stress, but they add so much to my life and as a family unit we work.
- I am grateful for this awesome weekend. Okay, Friday night wasn’t that great. I had a sore throat and took some meds that kept me awake the whole night. Seriously??? But, it did make me appreciate Baby Girl sleeping through (finally) – you forget what a bad night’s sleep does to you. But, on Saturday we went to a party for Baby Girl’s friend from school (all the kids are turning six), and on Saturday night we went to a braai at a friend’s house which was so lovely, and yesterday we mooched at home – doing some cleaning, and sorting out the house a little. It was awesome just spending time at home time with Hubby and Baby Girl.
- I am so, so grateful that I can trust God – so often, still – even after all this time – I worry that I am going to start choking whenever I sit down to eat food. Sometimes the worry is fleeting, and at other times that thought really tries to bury itself into my brain – but the thing is: God has set me free. And no matter what thoughts the devil tries to plant in my brain (and they’re all “What If” thoughts), it doesn’t change the fact that God has set me free, and that I can trust Him no matter how I feel or what thoughts are raging in my mind.
1 John 3:19-21 New International Version
19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.
I love you, Lord, and I thank you for all that you have done, are doing, and will be doing in my life.
9 However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”[a]—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—