I had this in two separate posts, but thought dedicating a page to these wonderful memories is more appropriate given they deserve the very best protection – they are, after all, my memories. Read the posts here and here.
The day Hubby and I met – both doing cellular training. Him for The Cell Shop, me for MTN. He sat opposite me – and what can I say? The rest is history.
Having drinks together after that training – we just chatted like we had known each other forever.
Having braais on his little balcony overlooking the harbour – stunning.
The day we went to pick up our cat – who was such a character. I still miss him.
Suggs. Suggs was a cat who lived a few doors down, but decided it was much nicer to live with us. If we lay on our tummy’s, Sugs would climb onto our shoulders and give us a shoulder massage. Unfortunately, it did cause conflict with his owners, and we couldn’t invite him in (which is when we got our own cat), but Suggs was also quite a character.
Hubby writing his book and me coming home from work to find him lying on the floor, pretending to be passed out. Still makes me giggle to this day.
Going to his place at 01:00 in the morning and his housemate opens the door, looks me up and down and says to me, “So, what do you think?”
Going to St. Francis.
Our wedding day – what an awesome wedding we had.
Pouring with rain on our wedding day – and yes, we had an outside wedding. However, the rain passed, the sun came out and it was absolutely awesome.
Fetching our Big Dog just outside Port Alfred.
Hubby buying his car in 2000 and picking me up from work afterwards – he loved that Honda Civic (named Clarabelle – my car, a Honda Jazz, is called Jasmine.)
Buying our first house – I loved going house hunting every Sunday afternoon until we found our perfect starter home.
- Having romantic dinners at home, lighting candles and playing lovely music.
- Hubby doing his MBA – was hard going, but I am so very proud of him.
- Building our new house.
- Our Contiki tour in 2002 – what an awesome holiday. Would go again tomorrow in the blink of an eye.
- Big Dog stealing lamb chops put outside to defrost – the poor dog couldn’t believe his luck until we took it away from him. I really miss Big Dog.
- Celebrating our second anniversary in Paris on our Contiki tour.
- Seeing London with Hubby (also on our Contiki tour).
- Buying a new car when we got back from our holiday.
- Our cat demanding fresh water be let into the bathroom basin before he would drink anything.
- Hubby winning a skiing trip from an incentive package through work – I couldn’t go with, and I was devastated that he was going without me, but so very proud of him that he had won and that he had such a great time. (Okay, the gold bracelet he bought back from Dubai did help ease the pain of me not going…)
- Hubby giving me that gold bracelet from Dubai – I was speechless, it was so stunning.
- Running through The Louvre to make sure we see the Mona Lisa before closing time (all part of the Contiki tour holiday mentioned earlier).
- Hubby telling me that the mark on our cat’s nose was an oil gauge to keep his skin shiny and it would disappear if he didn’t have enough oil. I believed him. We still laugh about that to this day. Yes, I am blond (now more salon assisted blond than natural, but somewhere there is natural blond within…:-))
- Braaing pork sausages when we camped at Storm’s River for the first time – we camped in winter, and sitting around the fire, eating pork sausage hot dogs was wonderful. We then attempted to make coffee on the fire, using a tin can – only to discover the next morning there was a whole camp kitchen with permanent boiling water just around the corner from where we were camping.
- House sitting for a friend who had an indoor fireplace and it was winter – it was wonderful falling asleep in front of the fire.
- Our first Christmas together, we had a little braai at the house where he was staying. I gave him a little ship in a bottle, and a book on wine. He gave me a beautiful golden candle stand (which I still have).
- Our cat breaking our computer table – he used to run wild in the house to get rid of excess energy (he was still a kitten) and the computer table was on wheels and he somehow managed to push it off the balcony (from the lounge).
- Our cat playing with us when we used to garden in the old house – he loved to hide behind the plants and pounce on our hands as we were pulling out weeds.
- Big Dog flicking his body to get his dog chain off.
- Walking Big Dog.
- Watching movies on the old pull out sleeper couch that we had.
- Gardening in our old house.
- Putting up the washing lines in both our old house and new house.
- Having our Wendy house flooded and losing the fondue set that Hubby’s aunt gave us (which was a blessing as we nearly burnt the house down the one time we did use it).
- Hubby cycling his first 100 km’s and bonking (yes, that’s what the cyclists call it) and me having to pick him up and take him home – now he cycles 100 km’s without batting an eyelid.
- Hubby doing Iron Man – getting up early, watching him do the swim, seeing him come out of the tent on his bicycle, cheering him on the run. I think I was more exhausted after Iron Man than what Hubby was. It was a great day though.
- Falling pregnant.
- Being pregnant – I had a great second pregnancy (the first ended in miscarriage). But the second was wonderful – not a thing went wrong, and I didn’t have morning sickness or anything like that at all.
- Starting our wine club – the WEB wine club (and I must say, we’ve entered three wine making competitions and we have come in the finals twice. Very proud.)
- Touring the wine farms in Stellenbosch.
- Hubby teaching me to drink and appreciate red wine.
- Our first date – watched Men in Black at Walmer Park. Loved, loved that movie.
- Going to the Colosseum in Rome and then coming home and watching Gladiator. Also loved that movie.
- Putting the tent up in our backyard, because it was so freaking’ hot and sleeping outside. What a wonderful experience.
- Choosing the fittings for our new house when we were building.
- My first cellphone – it was a Nokia 2550 and it was yellow. I felt way cool having my first cellphone – Hubby worked at the Cell Shop and helped me arrange everything.
- Getting engaged, “Do you want to be our kitty’s legal mommy?” Of course the answer would be yes – without a doubt.
- Learning to appreciate Hubby’s excellent judge of character.
- Feeling safe – one of the greatest attractions to Hubby for me is that I always feel so safe with him. And I still do.
- Teaching Baby Girl to crawl by enticing her with a cellphone.
- Traveling on a contiki tour overseas – making love in Paris and celebrating our second wedding anniversary in Paris. Oh, how I would love to do that again.
- See Baby Girl smile at me and recognise me for the first time when she was just four weeks old – on the 26th July 2009, and having hubby experience her smile and recognition a couple of days later.
- Walking just under the Eiffel Tower in Paris, and having a gypsy come up and try to shove some flowers in my hand – having hubby there to protect me from that was wonderful.
- Going up the Eiffel Tower.
- Buying my Honda Jazz – being so excited for hubby to bring that new car home.
- Planting a garden in our new house.
- Getting a second dog – who terrorized our poor little kitty, but was so much fun and had so much energy.
- Friday night cake and movie nights with friends of ours (who now live in Australia).
- My wedding day.
- Hubby taking my face in both his hands and giving me my first kiss as his wife.
- Being surprised at how much both hubby and I enjoyed our wedding and honeymoon. Everything fell so perfectly in place, it was awesome.
- Rowing on the river at our honeymoon venue new Wilderness and having a fish jump in our boat, and hubby saying, blow, blow and me being squeamish, saying No, no. And then relating that story afterwards and couldn’t understand the weird looks we were getting when hubby said, “If I tell you to blow, you must blow”. We were talking about the fish – true story. Promise.
- Going to Cape Town to see U2. Totally awesome.
- Planning our wedding – going to wedding venues with hubby on a cool, and windy Saturday to see which venue we wanted for our wedding.
- Our wedding meal – in fact, we still have people telling us about how much they enjoyed the food.
- Having romantic candle lit dinners at our old house and having our neighbour pop in for a quick visit.
- Going to Hogs Back to look for snow – and spending the weekend in shorts and t-shirts, because it was so hot.
- Hubby cooking for me for the first time – he made this delicious stir-fried chicken in a mustard sauce over rice, with vegetables. It was delicious.
- Working on a kibbutz in Israel – totally awesome.
- Seeing the old city of Jerusalem over Easter – what an awesome experience.
- Seeing the pyramids of Giza just outside Cairo – a lifelong dream realised.
- Running my first (and only) 10 km – even though it was just a training run, I still did it.
- Hubby encouraging me to start running again.
- Baby Girl’s first day of big school.
- Our recent trip to East London – just an awesome weekend (10th September 2016)
- My birthday this year – 2016. Loved the food, loved my family, love my Swaroski’s crystal necklace. Awesome.
- Madam swimming her first gala at the beginning of the year.