Every Monday I want to focus on gratitude.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 King James Version (KJV): In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
I am reading a delightful book called Cherish by Gary Thomas. Gary speaks about how gratitude is one of the best ways to learn to Cherish your spouse. It causes you to look for that for which you can be grateful and helps you to focus on the positive, instead of whining about the negative.
So, with what I am learning from Gary’s book, and in line with what the Bible says, God calls us to be thankful.
- All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. 2 Corinthians 4:15
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
- For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer. 1 Timothy 4:4-5
So, today, I am truly and humbly grateful for:
- My husband. This man who could make everything about him and with our financial strain could’ve walked out a long time ago, has stuck around and still provided for us so well. I am very proud of all he has accomplished and getting us through and very grateful that God has blessed me with such an awesome mate.
- My running. On Saturday I ran a very hard 10 km race. It was tough, but I am so proud that I not only ran the whole way, I did quite a good time (for me). I am also grateful that my husband supports me getting fit and running.
- My daughter. This little girl has to be the quirkiest, funniest little girl on the face of the planet. She constantly makes us laugh and has brought such light to our lives and such love to our hearts. I am truly grateful for her presence in our lives.
- For our friends. We have had another amazing weekend with friends and with family and I am very grateful that we are in a friendship circle with such amazing people.
- For our home. Last week we had our awful carpets lifted (they were smelly, and stained, and really ugly), and had laminate flooring put down. Wow – what a difference this has made to our home. Okay, we had to purchase the flooring on credit, but we couldn’t leave this carpets in anymore – they were really that awful. I am grateful that we did get it done – it has made such an improvement to our house.