Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. – Psalm 95:1-5
I don’t feel like singing today. Not to myself or to anyone. I am tired, I have a headache, I’ve just started my period, and there seems to be this issue/non-issue between hubby and I that I just can’t quite explain or understand.
But, you know what? I am going to be grateful today, anyway…
As I am typing this, I am taking a deep breath, allowing the stress of the morning to wash away, and allowing gratitude to flow over me. It is not easy – I so want to hold onto my annoyance after last night’s encounter, but I have to let it go. Thanks, Elsa…
So, I am going to focus on all those traits from my husband that I am grateful for – just to name a few:
He has the most amazing blue eyes – it’s the first thing I noticed about him.
He has the most gorgeous smile.
A wicked sense of humour.
He cooks. And really well.
He loves his animals.
He comes from a stable, well-functioning family.
- He cycles.
He has an entrepreneurial spirit – he has successfully run his own business since his retrenchment in 2005.
He is an awesome kisser.
- Yes, he definitely does know what he is doing in that department:-).
- My favourite place in the entire world is lying in his arms at night after we’ve gone to bed.
- He gets on well with people – all people from all walks of life.
- He knows who he is.
- He helps out with Baby Girl whenever he can.
- He cooks while I bath Baby Girl and get her ready for bed.
- He bought his sister two cats after her divorce.
- He would love to do any cycle race or extreme sport race with his brother.
- He is deeply fond of his mother.
- He is patient.
- He is kind. He is one of the kindest people I know.
- He treats people fairly.
- He respects people.
- He snores when he’s had too much to drink. It’s very cute.
- Keeping fit and healthy is very important to him.
- He always encourages me to develop myself further – write, run my own business, exercise.
- He believes in my potential.
- He loves me. Totally, completely and amazingly.
- He’ll do anything for me – even give up a job he loves if I felt threatened by it.
- Or give up cycling – if I ever felt the need to ask him to do that.
- He enjoys taking me out for supper – doesn’t happen very often at the moment, but we enjoy it when we do go out.
- He reads people really well – I’m a bad judge of character and will always ask his opinion. And he has NEVER been wrong. EVER.
- He’s not scared of anything. It’s so amazing to see when I’m scared of just about everything.
- My satisfaction is very important to him.
- Life with him is never boring.
- He likes my mom.
- He gets on well with my dad.
- He is very, very intelligent. Probably the most intelligent person I know.
- He speaks Afrikaans really well – in fact, when he was younger, people thought he was Afrikaans because he spoke it so well.
- He is Catholic.
- He is gentle.
- He put my cellphone on charge the other night when I was battling with Baby Girl and forgot to do it.
- He’ll cover me with a blanket if I fall asleep in front of the TV (which happens often these days).
- He’ll make me toast when I’m hungry.
- He’ll buy strawberries and cream for a treat, because its one of my favourites.
- He loves me even though I haven’t yet lost all my baby weight.
- He loves cats.
- He’ll never intentionally harm or hurt another living creature.
- He has faith.
- He’ll spot whales or dolphins in the water long before anyone else.
- He is the most amazing man I know.
I am truly blessed to have such an amazing husband.
The Baby Mama