Very often it is the little things strung together in one continuous motion of time that make life worthwhile. Like a good cup of coffee, reading a good book, a good chat with your man, a splendid sunrise…
The major, life altering moments are significant as well, but we generally don’t experience those everyday.
No, it’s the little things that make life worthwhile, that make appreciation for life truly expressible.
“For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” Kahlil Gibran
So, today, I want to express appreciation and gratitude for those little things in which I find refreshment for my soul.
- Like hitting the snooze button on my alarm and having five minutes extra to sleep. Just five minutes, but it is those five minutes that make the morning feel like it is actually mine and not just a rush to get to work on time.
- Like listening for my hubby at the garage door and I know he is home safe from his early morning cycle, and that I get to see him before I leave for the day.
- Like waking Baby Girl up to get ready for school, and she wraps her arms and her legs around me and gives me the biggest hug ever – every single morning.
- Like falling asleep while watching TV, but still knowing my husband is sitting next to me – and feeling the comfort of having him close by (even though I am sleeping).
- Like coming to work before my boss gets here and having five minutes to myself to eat breakfast and have a good cup of coffee – just five minutes to help me prepare myself for the day.
Small things to enjoy and treasure make for a big live filled with love and wonder…