I have so much to be grateful for today. I really do. Lots of answered prayer, and some rest time and some relaxation. Back at work today, and boy, did the work pile up while I was away.
- I am grateful for a long weekend away in Cape Town. We had such an awesome time with our family, and as a family ourselves, we had an amazing time together. We left on Wednesday morning, and arrived in Cape Town late’ish on Wednesday afternoon. The trip down was amazing, and relaxing, and although I felt a little nervous travelling down given the situation with his sister, we had a really good trip.
- And on Thursday, Baby Girl went to play with her cousins, which she loved, and hubby and I took a drive and had lunch together. Did you get that? Just the two of us, we had lunch together. And we chatted and laughed and teased while driving in the pouring rain. We went to a little cafe called Cafe Roux and I had crumbed calamari with chips. It was divine – and there wasn’t any hesitation or fear. It was such an awesome day.
- And on Saturday, hubby ran the Big Bay Parkrun with me. Okay, he is so fit, he quite literally ran away from me, but it was so, so awesome to have him there. It really was so nice.
- For God – for answered prayer, for growth, for lighter thoughts, for grace and for love.
- For being able to take Baby Girl to the Two Oceans Aquarium. I think that – for her – was the highlight of her weekend away. She had so much fun with her two cousins, and she really enjoyed seeing the seahorses, and playing and enjoying the interactive displays.
I have so much to be grateful for.