Grace isn’t blind. Nor is it without nerve endings. A call to a grace-filled marriage doesn’t mean we ignore, trivialize, or excuse our spouse’s unacceptable behavior. Grace doesn’t mean we lose our voice when it comes to dealing head-on with things that are clearly out of line. And grace doesn’t remove consequences. God’s grace is offered to us, but it isn’t realized if we’re unwilling to receive it properly. We have to repent. Grace-Filled Marriage, Dr. Tim Kimmel
God’s grace is for all of us. No matter who we are, what we have done, or where we are going in this life. His grace and His forgiveness if for all of us. Each moment of every day. At any point, at any time, in any way, we can acknowledge and repent of our sin, our faults and failures, and we can accept God’s grace. That doesn’t mean we’ll automatically be perfect. But, it does mean that we are redeemed, cleaner than snow, cleansed and we can move forward in forgiveness – with a clean slate so to speak.
And that grace is cause enough for gratitude.
You don’t even have to be a believer or a Christian, to believe in Grace and to accept that life itself offers you grace. It’s a little forgiveness for yourself, a letting go of what needs to be let go of, and a moving forward in peace and kindness.
God has bestowed upon you intelligence and knowledge. Do not extinguish the lamp of Divine Grace and do not let the candle of wisdom die out in the darkness of lust and error. For a wise man approaches with his torch to light up the path of mankind.(1883 – 1931)
Isn’t that amazing? That, in itself, is cause for gratitude. And I am grateful that God is redeeming my life in an ongoing process until the day I die. And I am grateful that God is with me every moment of every day.
Just be still. Let that truth sink in for a moment. No matter where you are, what you believe, or what troubles face you in this life, you are loved. Truly and deeply and graciously loved. And what is even better, you don’t need to believe – your unbelief does not detract from God’s existence or His love for you. However, to receive God’s grace, you need to make a decision to believe and to accept. We cannot fight or hide away from God – He’s grace will find us, and love us, no matter what. I know this, because I have tried to run away from God and hide myself away so many times, and He always, always finds me and loves me. Yes, there are always consequences for decisions and actions made, and those consequences will need to be lived out, but God still extends His grace to us.
I love that God loves me.
Today, I am grateful for:
- God’s saving grace. I feel in awe that this God who created the Heavens and the Earth loved me so much He sent His son as the ultimate sacrifice to save me.
- That I will be spending eternity in Heaven. The opposite doesn’t bode well with me, so I am grateful that that is a reality I don’t need to face.
- That Jesus is working on me ever day to get Heaven into my heart so that I can more adequately represent His love on earth.
- That through my marriage I have experienced God’s grace and His healing. That I can be safe in my marriage.
- And that through my marriage, hubby and I can offer Baby Girl a stable childhood, filled with love and wonderful memories.
I truly do have so much to be grateful for.