“I try hard to hold fast to the truth that a full and thankful heart cannot entertain great conceits. When brimming with gratitude, one’s heartbeat must surely result in outgoing love, the finest emotion we can ever know.” ― Bill W.
What an awesome weekend. It was truly amazing – and let me tell you why: hubby and I got to spend some really amazing quality time together. At the last moment on Saturday, a friend of Baby Girl’s mom phoned and asked if Baby Girl could come around for a play date. And so, hubby dropped her off and then a little later the mom phoned to say that they’re all going to Spur, can Baby Girl come with? And so that resulted in hubby and I going for a run together – well, he cycled, I ran – and then we had a braai together, and we even got to watch a movie together. It was so awesome. And the weather was amazing. And that bit of together time was really special.
It is seldom that hubby and I just get time together to do things, and to talk, and just be together. I love that little Madam too the moon and back, but boy can she talk – so much so that hubby and I can’t even finish a sentence. So, it was really special to just have that time with him on Saturday. And it was amazing weather too – sitting outside, sipping on some wine, chatting and braai’ing. Totally awesome.
So, today, I am grateful for:
- Learning to choose love over fear. It is not easy. I have always, always lived under fear. In fact, I almost think I was born of fear. But, that is not God’s give to us – God gave us power, love and a sound mind. And through God’s grace, I am learning to operate from a place of love, and not from fear.
- Learning that what I think and how I think about things and life and whatever comes across my path will affect me, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It is therefore so important to watch what you think about. I’ve come across Dr Caroline Leaf‘s work and this woman is amazing. Not only does she have an amazing heart for God, and what she says just simply makes so much sense, but all of what she does and teaches is based in science. Love, love, love her work.
- God being my provider – I’m not going to lie to you, this month is tight. Oh, man, we’re not even half way through and my credit card is maxed out, and I have no money left until month end. But, I am not going to let that worry me – because you see, the Almighty God, the creator of Heaven and Earth, is my provider and His word says that He will provide all my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. And that is what I am going to hold onto and that is what I am going to trust in.
- My husband. Have I ever yet mentioned how awesome this man is? 🙂 But, it is true. Not only does he put up with me everyday, he loves me and his family and he is working so hard to provide a good life for us.
- My daughter. Man can that girl talk. It’s exhausting, but I love what she has to say. She is so articulate and intelligent, that I love talking to her. Yes, sometimes I do need a break and just some quiet would be wonderful, but I love how she views life. I am convinced she is going to be a world famous lawyer, because she can argue her way out of everything and anything…
I have so much to be grateful for.