“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” John F. Kennedy
It’s raining. And the wind is howling. And it is stormy.
Such lovely, snugly weather…
But, today is the first day back at school and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about Baby Girl the entire day. She was so tired when I woke her up this morning, that I am sure she is going to be quite exhausted by the end of this week.
Today, I am grateful for:
- Meeting hubby for lunch yesterday – I didn’t have anything to eat, as I already had lunch at work, but he ordered something and I had an iced-coffee (Yes, in Port Elizabeth we can go from blistering hot the one day, to freezing cold the next – we are known to have four seasons in a day…) And we got some time together, just the two of us.
- My new office – it is a nice new office, and I am quite comfortable here.
- For being grateful – I am truly grateful for this awesome life I get to live. And the awesomeness of my life (and yours…) is only dependent on how I view things.
- Okay, now it is pouring – as in raining so hard, I’m not sure how to get to my car after work. And it is lovely. We desperately need the rain as South Africa is experiencing the worst drought in I don’t know how many years.
- And for my life – we don’t have money, and we’re “working class”, but you know what, I have so much in my life that I know many people desperately wish they had. I don’t mean to sound arrogant in that regard, but I am just simply quite grateful for this most amazing life that I am living.