The other day I had this thought: why on earth would anyone be interested in the little things in life I am grateful for? Well, you probably wouldn’t be. And that’s okay. I could quite easily see myself getting bored if someone had to drone on and on about each and every cup of coffee they’re thankful for.
But, this exercise in gratitude is to grow my brain in a certain direction – it is to aid my mind to focus on the right poster. I need to start looking right, and stop looking left. And in doing so, I have learnt that there are so many things to be grateful for – both big and small. And very often it is the small things in life that through appreciation and gratitude make life worth living.
And maybe – just maybe – I can trigger a thought in your mind for something that you can be grateful for. I can see small differences in my life – I am less anxious, more calm and almost more settled within myself, but more importantly, I am starting to realise that without God’s grace, we will never really get anywhere in this world. You see, money isn’t important to me. Wealth and fame? Not really interested – I’m more of a “hide myself away” kind of person. But, I do want to live life to the fullest, and I do want an abundant life, but I believe that the kind of abundance I am looking for has far more to do with with how I view life, than with how much money I have.
So, while my droning on about good cups of coffee, and lovely warm showers, may bore you (and me), it is changing the protein structures of my brain and allowing me to view life through a lens of gratitude and not of whining and complaining.
So, today, I am grateful for:
- Getting all done this morning – we have a char twice a week, who today could not come to work, but had to go to the municipality. But, I managed to wash the dishes, make all the beds, take meat out for tonight’s supper, and drop Baby Girl at holiday care and get to work on time (love holiday traffic)…
- For an awesome weekend with my hubby – Baby Girl had a play date yesterday afternoon, and hubby and I got to have supper together, watch the Cricket World Cup, and hang curtains – all uninterrupted.
- For Autumn – seriously, I think I need to get my camera out and take some photos of this part of the world for you. It is beautiful here this time of year.
- And yes, I am grateful for a delicious cup of coffee. It feels so nice to just take a break, sip some coffee, and just chill for a moment or two, before diving back into work again.
- And I am grateful for my God. He has done such an amazing work in me, in my heart, and in my head and will continue this good work until His son comes again. I love Him, and I am grateful that He saw me and that He saved me – that He found me worthy enough to save.
I have so much to be grateful for.