Well, today I am back at work. I am tired, and it is cold (winter has arrived), but it is the good kind of tired. It is the tired that says I have had an awesome break and I really enjoyed it and it has been great, and now I am tired.
What worked out with taking three days leave from work, worked out to just over 10 days away with all the public holidays. I feel rested, and rejuvenated, and tired…
Now, I’m working my way through all my emails to get everything done! 🙂 And Baby Girl has gone to holiday care, hubby is back at work, and I am back at work.
But, you know what? It was awesome… AS in like really awesome!
Today, I am grateful for:
- I am grateful for a good time away from work. Hubby worked the three working days, but we got to spend some time together, and I got to spend a lot of time with Baby Girl. It was awesome – she is such a precious little honey.
- For an amazing Easter – we had our wine club around for an Easter Egg hunt with all the children, and although it poured with rain, a lot of fun was had by all.
- Hubby and I took Baby Girl and a friend and her friend’s brother to the movies. I felt so grown up. Really! I know it sounds silly, but I am also grateful to give Baby Girl that opportunity. I really think she had a good holiday. We went to watch Zootropolis.
- Yesterday, I had the most amazing experience: I am completely terrible with maintaining a quiet time routine. I try squeeze it in with all the other stuff I need to get done, and I’m not always good with actually getting it done – and then with focusing enough to make it meaningful for me. But, yesterday, as I woke up – even before I had breakfast – I knew I had to spend time with God. And as I was reading the word, and working through my 21 days, and praying, Jesus came to spend some time with me. He was there! With little old me. And He came to encourage me, to tell me that He loves me, that I can renew my thinking through His word. I can’t explain it, but I have never had such a close encounter with our Lord before. I am so grateful to know that He is with me.
- And yesterday I ran my longest distance yet – 12.5 km. How awesome is that? Okay, my legs are sore today and I can feel I’ve run, but it was great!
I have much to be grateful for.