“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” ― Epicurus
Isn’t this just the truth? So often, we whine and pine for something, and when we get it, we start whining and pining for something else. Completely forgetting that we have exactly what we’ve always wanted.
I always wanted to be married – in fact, I can remember as a little girl praying for a husband (and for a marriage completely unlike my parents). And now I have that. God has truly answered my prayers and then some: I could never imagine being a mom. The thought of being completely responsible for another human life absolutely petrified me. But, you see, God knows best. Not only do I have the husband I’ve always dreamt about, and I have the marriage I have always desired, but I have a family and a little girl who is quite simply the most amazing blessing ever.
So, today, I am grateful for what I have right here in my life right now.
- I am grateful for my marriage – through all our ups and downs, financial difficulty and other difficulties, I have a great marriage and a great husband.
- I am grateful for my daughter – I am so grateful that God knew me better than I knew myself and He blessed me with this amazing little girl.
- I am so grateful for my family – that as a family unit, we work and function well together.
- I am grateful for the laughter and love that exists in my family.
- I am grateful for the nurturing environment from all of us to each other.
I have so much to be grateful for.