“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” Marcel Proust
There are many people who make me happy – and who I am grateful for:
- I am grateful for my husband – who makes me happy, who feels so good, who smells so good, and works so hard to make me happy, and to provide for his family. I am very proud to be his wife.
- I am grateful for my daughter, my little Madam Fifi, – who has taught me so much about myself, and what I can actually do, and who makes me laugh, cry, smile. I am very proud to be her mommy.
- I am grateful for my mother – who has taught be so much about the kind of person I want to be, and don’t want to be. Who, in her own way, has supported me and loved me and despite our relationship not being quite as strong as it used to be, she is still my mother.
- I am grateful for the people I work with – they make me laugh, they make me mad, but they are a good group of people and I get on really well with most of them. They have helped to be build my confidence and bring me out of my shell; they’ve taught me that I can’t hide away – it’s okay to be me.
- I am grateful for my dear old Gran – I have been thinking about her a lot lately. She passed on the year before Baby Girl was born, and I know she would’ve loved Baby Girl. She had such a hard life, and although we weren’t that close in life, I do miss her now that she’s gone. And I could always talk to her about anything growing up – I am grateful I had the chance to know her, and to love her.
There are many more people to be grateful for – there are many people in my life who have contributed to the person I am, but also to the person I am becoming.
I have so much to be grateful for.