My gratitude challenge to you is to everyday think of five things that you are grateful for. They can be as mundane as a cup of coffee, or as elaborate as a holiday, or as romantic as your spouse. Just five things…
As you know, I started this gratitude journal a while ago and it is honestly one of the best things I have done.
It allows you to view the world differently; from a place of being positive – not from whining, complaining or being negative. It’s a much better place to be. Trust me on that.
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” ― Marcel Proust
And what is God’s will for us? To be thankful in all circumstances.
18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
This is what I am grateful for today:
- My husband is in the telecoms industry and he recently organised the entire telecoms structure for a new business that opened in Port Elizabeth – in fact, last night was the opening night to which I was afforded an invitation. I had so much fun – it is an Audi center so it was quite amazing to see all the latest Audi cars. I mean, let’s be honest – I am not in the financial means to even think about owning an Audi. But, it sure was nice to be up close to one. They are beautiful cars. I honestly had so much fun and am super proud of my husband and all the work that he does.
- For my mom who looked after Baby Girl so that we could go to this function.
- For a really delicious cup of coffee this morning – after getting into bed late last night, I really did need a good cup of coffee.
- For being able to arrange that from next term I can take a later lunch on a Wednesday to sort out Baby Girl’s swimming.
- For some more beautiful rain that we are having today – its so lovely to see the grass growing green and lush, just like God’s blessings on our lives.
I have so much to be grateful for.