Ever wondered what God’s will is for you? Ever wondered why you are here? Ever hoped and wondered if more could be made from your situation?
18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Did you get that? Did you see…
God’s will for you is to give thanks in ALL circumstances. Why? Well, because I believe that it helps you to see things from God’s perspective – as Dr Caroline Leaf says, it literally changes the landscape of your brain. It changes our perspective. It helps us to focus on the good, to see the good and to move away from the bad. It doesn’t necessarily mean our circumstances change, and it certainly won’t make things any easier – but it does change us. We cease fighting against life, and start learning from life.
It’s one of the reasons I started blogging gratitude posts.
I need my perspective changed.
And then, when you start giving gratitude, you realise that there is so much more to give thanks for than you ever anticipated.
Now, I find myself giving thanks for, well, just about everything – everything is a blessing if seen in the right light.
So, today, I am grateful for:
- The beautiful rain we have had over the last couple of days. South Africa is in one of the driest summers in a long time, and we really needed the rain. It was wonderful and helped to cool things down a bit.
- Baby Girl read her first sentence last night. She has barely started Grade 1 and already she is reading. Awesome. Yes, I am so excited, because I am a reader, and to see my only child starting to read is just to exciting to me.
- And this morning, she spoke Xhosa to me. I didn’t understand what she was saying, but apparently in English it means to “sit down”. So, now, not only is she learning to read, she is learning Xhosa. I love this child.
- Hubby taking her to school this morning – gave me enough time to get to the shops to buy myself some lunch for the day, and get to work on time. Bonus.
- God. For His love, for His faith in me, His love for me, His grace towards me.
I have so much to be grateful for.