Wow, today is a tad hectic. I have had that heading written up for about an hour now, and I’m only getting to write my first sentence now.
It’s good to be busy.
6 Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
7 It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
8 yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.
9 How long will you lie there, you sluggard?
When will you get up from your sleep?
10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest—
11 and poverty will come on you like a thief
and scarcity like an armed man.
Wow, reading that I realise that I have the capacity to work much harder than I do. And to save far more than I do. It is hard when things are already so tight and on Friday they increased our interest rates, and boy oh boy do I love to sleep.
It’s one of the hard things with Baby Girl that I had to adjust to – this girl does not need to sleep. And I am pleased – I have always admired adults who can survive on very little sleep, unlike me who used to nap for two to three hours a day, and then still sleep about 10 hours at night. And she will be like those adults who can survive on very little sleep. She will be able to accomplish so much.
Today, I am grateful for:
- An absolutely amazing weekend. About six months ago, I booked us into a little three star resort in Port Elizabeth (travel time was about 30 minutes – bonus). I wanted us to go away as a family just for two nights and spend some time together. And you know what – it was awesome. It really was. The weather was great – they had a beautiful pool (which we don’t have at home), and we went for a walk along the beach. It was awesome.
- My husband – it was so nice just spending time with him and just chatting. We had a braai, swam together, ate breakfast and supper together – and spent time with Baby Girl. But, sitting up at almost midnight (it was too hot to sleep) and chatting under the stars was amazing. Thank you Lord for this beautiful opportunity and blessing of spending time with my family.
- A really good run yesterday. Boy, was it hot, and on the way back, I had to run/walk a lot of the way (it was uphill and very hot), but I did it. And I landed up running just over 6 km. How awesome is that? Last year, I couldn’t walk around the park once without feeling like I was dying, now I am actually running. And loving it. It is too hot to go today (as in cancel sport at schools kind of hot), but hopefully I will go tomorrow.
- My family. I love my family. I love everything about them. Both my husband and daughter – they are just two of the most amazing people that God has sought to bless me with. Thank you, Jesus.
- This new year – 2016: it is filled with anticipation and excitement and expectancy at all the God has planned for me, my marriage and my little family – to bless us, to grow us, to bring us closer to Him and to each other.
I have so much to be grateful for.