Guess what! Tomorrow hubby and I have been married for 16 years. How awesome is that?
Today, I am grateful for:
- Sixteen years of marriage. When you consider that in today’s society, most marriages don’t make 10 years, I feel very privileged and honoured to be part of this adventure in the making – together for 18 years, and married for 16.
- All the adventures we have been through – some good, some bad, some downright horrid – but we are still together, and still walking this adventure together. Day by day.
- God interfering and bringing me to my senses – I was going to travel the world, and I left Port Elizabeth after a broken engagement, and a broken heart, never thinking I would return. But, my precious gem and God’s blessings in marriage were waiting for me right where I started. God needed to prepare me – and I am so grateful He did.
- The highs and the lows that make marriage so part of normal life, and yet so exclusively wonderful at the same time.
- I remember as a teenager really not liking how I looked, or how I felt about myself – which wasn’t very good, and to think I landed up with this wonderful man, who knows about life, who is super intelligent, and sporty and has the zest for life that is sorely lacking in me. I truly am the blessed one.
I have much to be grateful for.