Wow, I am tired today. This morning in getting Baby Girl to school, making sure the bags are packed, getting dressed and driving through traffic to get to work on time can get a bit hectic. But, I am grateful for the privilege to do just that. I was thinking in the car on the way too work this morning – just a few short years ago, I was sleeping until after 07:00, then I’d get up rush to work and just make it on time. I’d never bother about breakfast or anything, and would kind of figure out lunch as I’d go.
Ah, the life of a working mom… 🙂
Today, I am grateful for:
- Having the privilege and honour of taking Baby Girl to a really good school and being part of her education, even if in a limited way with me working.
- My new morning routine – it shows that I am a wife, a mom, a working woman. And I wouldn’t change it for anything. Yes, I get tired – yes, I wish for a break sometimes, yes I wish things were a little easier, but I get to be involved in this amazing man and beautiful little girl’s lives and I get to work at a really good job – and for all that, I wouldn’t change anything.
- The fact that I love my life. Yes, I get into bad moods (like today), yes I can get grabby sometimes. But, through all that – or rather over and above all that, I love my life, who I am, who I am married to and who I am a mother to.
- Breathe – that each breath I take is one moment longer in this world.
- Being tired. It means I have (am) worked hard, and enjoy some rest.
I have much to be grateful for.