Today, it is sad to say, but I am so grateful it is pay day. And my money has come in – and sadly, it has gone out. But, today, I am grateful:
- That my salary is enough – barely – to cover all my expenses. I have enough to cover the school fees, buy groceries, pay for stationery, cover the cost of our maid, etc, etc, etc. There is nothing left over after all that, but it covers what I need it to cover. I am grateful that God provides for all my needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus.
- For my husband – he woke up in a really funny mood this morning, even though he slept well. And he was quite sarcastic with me – it is bugging me and I have no idea if he is just having a bad day, or woke up on the wrong side of bed, or if I have done something wrong. But, what I am grateful for is that both of us are here for the long haul and we will work this out, whatever it may be.
- For an amazing weekend of running – I did the Park Run on Saturday and really enjoyed it, and I ran just short of 6 km’s yesterday (which I also enjoyed). It really feels great to feel movement in my body, and to see how I have grown in running. Okay, I am really slow… I mean like really slow, but it doesn’t matter, because I was still overtaking those that were walking, which is good.
- For good times with family and friends this weekend – it’s always good to spend time with family and friends.
- For our house – as I was folding and packing away the washing yesterday, I just found myself sighing with enjoyment at my house, and just enjoying being at home with my family. It was a really good feeling.
I have much to be grateful for.