Wow, what a beautiful weekend. It’s strange how as I am aging, I seem to be enjoying summer so much more. I always hated summer (wearing bikini’s and shorts, and being “out there” was just never my thing; wearing coats and big woolly jerseys in winter suited me just fine), but now I am really enjoying summer. I love the warmth, the fresh air, braai’ing outside, even swimming on occasion. Perhaps its the age in me – or perhaps I’m just getting a fresh perspective of how lovely and relaxing summer can actually be.
Today, I am grateful for:
- Such a stunning weekend. On Friday night we had friends around and on Saturday night, we had a little function in celebration of my hubby’s birthday. It was lovely and relaxing and well, both were actually quite fun.
- A really good Park Run on Saturday morning. I did feel a bit tired after Friday night’s get together, but it was lovely to get up early and enjoy the beach and the sun and have a good run. And Park Run has grown – there are now just on a thousand people running each week. It is awesome to see so many people trying to get out there and get fit.
- The delicious supper hubby made last night. Boy, that man really knows how to cook!
- Coming across a beautiful Christian book by scientist Dr Caroline Leaf and how she explains the damage that negative thinking does to your mind and body. It explains so much to me, and why doing gratitude journals and taking control of your thoughts is so important. I have come along way – to which I am eternally grateful to the Lord above – but I have a long way to go.
- My husband. This man is amazing and I am in awe that he has decided to spend the rest of his life with me.