This may be a long post.
I have so much to be grateful for. And, I have been on leave, so I haven’t posted a gratitude post for some time now.
- Firstly, I am so grateful for an amazing holiday. We didn’t go anywhere, but just spending time at home, pottering about and relaxing was just what the doctor ordered.
- Secondly, for spending so much amazing time with my husband. Not only did we manage one date night in the time we were off (which even resulted in us eating out together – just the two of us), but we had breakfast together almost daily. It was wonderful.
- Thirdly, that God has graced us with the most amazing daughter ever. I thoroughly enjoyed spending the time with her over the holidays, and just having fun with her.
- Fourth, because I ran during the holidays. Okay – not every day, but I did at least five runs during the two-week period I was off. Not too shabby.
- Because we had the most amazing weather. Summer weather here in Port Elizabeth over the holidays was totally awesome.
- Because we spent much time with family and friends that was fun, and amazing, and wonderful
- Because Christmas was fun, and amazing and wonderful. For me – probably the first time in years.
- Because hubby had a good birthday yesterday – and I was able to spoil him and surprise him in a way I have not done before. As you know, money is tight, but I managed to gift to him an iWatch through the Discovery programme and as long as he meets his fitness targets, I don’t need to pay. And I used my ebucks and purchased a biltong maker for him. But, that being besides the point, hubby had a good birthday.
- For Baby Girl starting Grade 1 – I feel quite honoured to be able to send her to a good school. Even with finances being so tight, somehow through God’s grace we are making this work. And her school is a really good school. And she looks so sweet in her school uniform. My little Miss…
- For being back at work – and catching up with the amazing people who I work with and for. I feel quite privileged to have this job – I know I’m just a secretary, but I enjoy what I do and as it turns out, I’m rather good at what I do. Only by the grace of God…
- For my growth – boy, have I grown. We went out for supper last night with some friends to celebrate hubby’s birthday, and I distinctly recall last year being filled with so much anxiety at the thought of eating out that I was quite nervous. Last night was so lovely, and relaxing, and delicious. All that in a space of a year. In fact, in the first day of the holidays, the three of us went to Spur and had supper together. Boy, through God’s grace I have really grown. And I praise Him and thank Him for all He has done, is doing and will be doing in life.
9 However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”[a]—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
I love God, and I am so grateful and humbled and overjoyed that He loves me too. Just as I am…
I have much to be grateful for…