Wow, it is a beautiful day here in Port Elizabeth. It is gorgeous and I am really enjoying the few moments of quiet, early in the morning, listening to the birds singing, before the chaos of the day begins.
- Today, I am grateful for this expectation that I have that God is really going to teach me how to pray, how to persevere in prayer, and how to get answers to prayer. I have been reading much about The War Room, and although I don’t know if we will be able to get it here in South Africa, I will read up about it as much as I can and learn how to truly pray. I am grateful for God’s gentle guidance and influence in my life.
- I am grateful for my gorgeous life – I live in a country that has one of the highest crime rates in the world, we’re battling financially, our house is falling apart, we can’t truly afford Baby Girl’s school fees, we have no support system (although it does seem that finally my mother is coming around), but I have a gorgeous life. I love my life and I am very grateful for all of God’s blessings in this life.
- I am grateful that God is constantly teaching me how to think differently. I think very differently now to how I used to think when I was at my lowest. Oh, don’t get me wrong, I have my moments when these awful thoughts pop into my head, and I just can’t seem to control fantasizing about them. The difference is that I know they’re not from God. God brings life and abundance – not death and anxiety, and destruction.
2 And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be [a]transformed and progressively changed [as you mature spiritually] by the renewing of your mind [focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you].
- Today, I am also grateful that the biggest lesson I have learnt this year is that I can trust God. I can make a conscience decision to trust Him, no matter how fearful I am feeling. God is not bound by my feelings, or what I perceive in any situation – so I can choose to trust Him no matter what. It is so great to be able to whisper, “God, I am trusting You here” whenever I am facing a situation where I am feeling anxious.
- I am also grateful for all the love in my life – God has blessed me with much love. Not all of it is perfect, or perhaps what I need, but it is there and it is there in abundance – from my husband, my daughter, my parents, my brothers, my friends, even the people I work with. There is much love in my life and I am so grateful that God has opened my eyes that I can see all His marvelous works.
9 Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.
10 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
11 Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always.