- Today, I am grateful for the most amazing weekend. Some friend of ours and ourselves went into the Karoo for a very quick and eventful weekend away. It was awesome. It was hot, relaxing and just beautiful.
- On Saturday night, however, I discovered a message on hubby’s phone from his ex. This woman has tried on numerous occasions in numerous ways to sneak herself back into hubby’s life. I really don’t like this woman. But, hubby and I spoke honestly in a way we had not done for a very long time! And he has sworn to me that nothing has ever happened. And I believe him. Yes, I may be naive, I may be completely fooling myself, but the truth will come out. If he is doing something that he shouldn’t be doing, the truth will eventually come out and we will definitely deal with it then – until then, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. But, I am grateful for the open heart-to-heart talk we had, and pulling closer to each other, and I told him in no uncertain terms that I don’t want her to be on the periphery of our lives for one minute longer. I also got to share with him why I believe and why being a Christian is so important to me. Not something I really get to do very often, and so I am also grateful for that.
- Seriously, again I have to say that I am grateful for this weekend away. I did not want to go, but it turned out to be so great. Good weather, good food, good wine, and amazing friends. I am so grateful to have the friends that I have.
- And I am grateful to be back at work today – with the wonderful people I work with and for.
- And I am grateful that God is in my life. Man, how do I ever show or explain that gratitude. I shudder to think where I would be now if I was left to my own devices.