I really feel for the people of Paris. But, not just them – there is war and conflict over the entire planet. In South Africa, we have a crime rate second to none, and a woman gets raped every four minutes in this country (that’s according to the latest crime stats). But, only about a quarter of all rapes get reported. Oh heavens, what a world we have created.
But, even in the midst of all this, there is still so much to be grateful for:
- The absolutely beautiful morning this morning. The sun was bright and warm, not a breath of wind, or a cloud in the sky. Just beautiful.
- That despite whatever circumstances we find ourselves in, we know the One who has the future – and our future is in His hands. We can trust God, no matter what life throws our way. I mean, Daniel was with lions – real, live flesh eating lions. I love that song, “if he could carry the world on His shoulders, I know my brother that He can carry you…”
- My wonderful and beautiful husband. We had such a fight last night, but even when we disagree, he is my wonderful and beautiful husband and I love him, and I am very grateful that God brought him into my life.
- My kind and generous daughter. I am trying to teach her that true beauty comes from her heart – how she treats people, shows respect and kindness. And while (of course) I think she’s gorgeous, I am grateful that I know enough to teach her that the condition of her heart is more important than her looks, her money or what she might do with her life one day.
- I am grateful that I am loved. By God, by Jesus, by my husband and daughter – I am loved. I may not always feel it, but that doesn’t make it untrue. We need to believe God’s truth, despite what we may feel or think. God loves each and every one of us. Deeply.
I have so much to be grateful for.