Hubby and I had a fight last night. It got intense very quickly – and I don’t like fighting with him. Even this morning, I could still feel the anger residing in my head and my heart. However, today I am grateful for:
- That when hubby and I argue, we never raise our voices, shout at each other, swear or get ugly. We may get angry, and anyone in the room will know that we are angry, but I think we fight in a rather civilized manner. Or, at least, I hope that we do!
- That eating supper when stressed is one of my soft spots – last night I kept wondering if I’m going to choke or feel anxious. I was angry, but God is faithful and hubby and I still ate supper together (Baby Girl had already eaten and was watching a bit of TV).
- That yesterday I managed to run around St. George’s Park twice (about 4.8 km). It is only through God’s grace that I am even thinking about running – never mind actually doing it. And enjoying it.
- That my husband loves me. He really does love me. Sometimes that thought scares me because I am so scared of turning out to be my mother, but I know that we can have an argument like last night, and know that he is not going anywhere.
- That God’s mercies are new every morning. No matter how much I mess up, God’s mercies are new. Each and every day. Thank you, Lord, for never giving up on me.
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;[a]
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I have so much to be grateful for.