I have so much to be grateful for – it really is an honour to know just how many blessings you have in life. I have had a really tough last couple of years – things were really rock bottom, I lost my job, hubby lost his job, we had a baby that woke me up seven or eight times a night for three years, I battled the most extreme anxiety I have ever battled in my life, hubby and I were worlds apart, I had to start a new job, I had a miscarriage and we had a fight with hubby’s family that we’re still experiencing the repercussions of. Let me put it this way – I would not wish the last couple of years on my worst enemy. Things were bad.
- But, I am grateful to have gone through those years – I feel stronger now, and God has shown me just how off kilter my thinking was. He has used the opportunity to teach me to think His thoughts through His word.
- I am grateful because I feel closer to God now that I have in a very long time.
- I am grateful because I feel closer to Hubby now that I have in a very long time.
- I am grateful because God used the opportunity to heal many of my past hurts, and to change my thinking and while I am still a work in progress, I am grateful that God did not give up on me.
- I am grateful because I feel more real – more of who I am, or who God created me to be, has come through. My little star is starting to shine.
I am grateful to be a Christian, and to have a God who loves me so much. I shudder to think of where I would be now if God didn’t come and save me.