Today, I am grateful for:
- The most amazing supper hubby cooked last night – we had a friend over for dinner (whose wife is away on a conference), and hubby cooked this mustard chicken with cream. Oh. My. Word. I have had it before, in fact, it is the first meal he ever cooked for me (17 years ago… 🙂 ), but it is still as delicious every time as the first time I ever had it.
- For lovely conversation last night – our friend and his wife have just come back from a week’s holiday in Florence, Italy (Yes, I was insanely jealous) and we had a lovely evening chatting about travels, and tourists, and traveling in South Africa. It was so nice to have some adult conversation (Baby Girl was there, but opted to eat in front of the TV).
- For this lovely storm – at about 03:00 this morning, this hectic storm blew in. It poured with rain, there was thunder and lightning and it was beautiful. There is a lot of chaos on the roads with trees having blown over, and leaves and dirt all over, but the storm itself was beautiful. It was quite majestic to see nature in its full glory like that. (Even if it can be a bit frightening.)
- For my warm, snug and safe bed. I felt so safe and dry in my warm bed last night and felt so grateful to have the bed that I have, and the home that I have.
- For my husband who loves and cares for animals so much (he is such a gentle heart) – he got up when the storm started to sit with our husky and keep her calm while the storm raged outside. This dog is extremely petrified of storms and goes totally ballistic. So hubby gets up each time there is a storm to sit with her and scratch her to help keep her calm. Yeah, he is amazing like that.
There is much to be grateful for – if only we’d look!