We live in a country that I’ve heard has one of the highest crime rates in the world, and things are not looking good for our little community at present. Just yesterday, a 78 year old lady was strangled to death in her home. Why? What resistance could she possibly have put up against four armed intruders? What on earth for? And yesterday, in George (which is about a three or a four hour drive from where we live), the torched five brand new buses to the value of R15 million. That’s a lot of money. Why? Because the taxi operators don’t want the buses coming into business. I mean, really. Where is the sense of good competition and service? Anyway, I digress, because what I am truly grateful for:
- Is my hubby checking all the doors and windows every night to make sure we are safe.
- For my hubby loving me and constantly teasing me – and engaging me – even when I’m not in the mood.
- For his sense of humour – he can be really funny sometimes.
- For his view on life and the world – he has such a down-to-earth and balanced view on things, that I know that God provided him for me to help counteract the fantasy world I often live in.
- For him feeling so good – I’m almost dreading summer coming when it gets to hot to cuddle. He really does feel that good!
Thank you Lord for my many blessings – I have much to be grateful for.