Today, my husband leaves with his teammate for the Trans Baviaans Race – it is an endurance mountain bike race that you do over a 24 hour period – and it is 230 kilometers. They start on tomorrow morning at 10:00 and cycle for 230 kilometers from Willowmore to Jeffrey’s Bay.
Why am I telling you this?
Because I am super proud of my man.
So, today, I am grateful for:
- My husband who is such an inspiration to me. When I think that just a few short years ago, he couldn’t cycle 100 kilometers (he had to phone me to come fetch him), and that now he cycles more than 200 kilometers because he never gave up. Wow – what an inspiration.
- My husband’s desire to look after his health and his body by cycling, watching what he eats (well, most of the time anyway) – once again, he is an inspiration. I keep thinking – if he can do it, then I can do it. And I can.
- My God – who saw me all those years ago when I was 13 and I first committed my life to Him. He saw me. It still blows my mind that He saw me, He loved me and He saved me. I shudder to think where I’d be now if it wasn’t for God coming into my life.
- My Baby Girl – who hasn’t been feeling very well. I just think she’s tired, as she doesn’t really ever get to have holidays or anything like that as she has to go to holiday care, because we need to work, but she is funny, and kind and so full of love.
- My family – oh that God thought to bless me so much, with so much abundance, leaves me feeling quite humbled. We may not have the finances that would make for a smooth sailing in life, but we have each other and that is the most precious gift God has given each of us: each other.