Okay friends…put your big-girl and big-boy pants on today. We are going to PUSH into some hard places. After all this time training together, you are ready for this workout.
If you have just stumbled upon this post, please go back to Day 1 of the 31 days and start from the beginning. If you get off the couch and jump into this workout, you might not be able to walk tomorrow. And really…what’s that going to prove other than the fact that you wish you had handrails next to your toilet?
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. – Romans 8:14-17
This scripture just about cover everything we are about at Revelation Wellness and the motives for using fitness as a discipleship tool to bring about your fullness in Christ. This scripture hits on the following truths that we have been training into you all this time:
- You are a child of God.
- He chose you to be His.
- He wants to lead you through life. He does so by the power of the Holy Spirit. The gift of God, living inside of you.
- You were made for love and fear has come against that love.
- He wants to rid you of fear so you will know your true identity as a child of God.
- As his child, you have God-given birthrights to ALL that he is and ALL that he has. You just simply have to ask and receive. He will give you enough for today and you can trust him for tomorrow.
- AND FINALLY … IF we will suffer, we are going to share in all that he has to offer us.
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Let’s get honest…we aren’t quick to sign up for pain. But this scripture makes it crystal clear that pain is going to be part of the process IF we want what God has to offer us. And friends, you want what God has to offer you. It’s beyond better than anything you could ask for. He is the God of YES and MORE! Say yes to Him and choose the more that he has.
So we will suffer.
Revelation Wellness is honored to train you to suffer well. Oh to know what Paul knew, “Oh death, where is your sting?”
There is no situation that will come against you that can destroy you. NOPE…not one. In fact, God has perfectly orchestrated your life to INCREASE your faith. IF you are wiling to suffer, you will see his glory.
So today…we train our pain.
- Today you will be doing this video…a Tabata-style workout from VIPtv. Tabata training is a current fitness industry trend and standard based on unequivocal scientific evidence that high-intensity training yields the greatest return physically.
- WARNING: High-intensity training, like Tabata training, should not be done more than 2-4 x /week, avoiding back-to-back days. So don’t get crazy on me and think, “Well, if a little is good, then more is better”. I think we have established already that this is understandable, incorrect thinking for a 3-year old, but not you. You are now wise to the fear that attaches itself to striving.
- MODIFICATIONS: For those of you who can’t jump, or need to move slower…that is totally acceptable and it does not disqualify you from doing this workout. Just do YOUR BEST for the 20-second workload. Replicate the move keeping one foot on the ground and tapping out when jumps happen. Instead of putting your hands on the ground for some of the moves, put your hands on the seat of a sturdy chair and replicate the moves.
TIME: 18 Minutes
FREQUENCY: 1 x only until your next WOD
If you are a person who does not like to work out because of the pain…this is your prayer:
Father, I confess I am afraid of pain. I feel like life has been painful enough and I just want to run and hide when you ask me to do something that is going to hurt. I confess, out of fear, I play it safe. I stay away from hard things. Help me to trust you and your surgeon hands. – Amen
If you are a person who tends to think a workout is not a workout unless it hurts…this is your prayer:
Father, you have made me strong. You have made me for hard stuff. Please protect me from getting too self-sufficient. Please save me from thinking I can do something to earn your favor and your grace. Save me from thinking I can earn the love and favor of others. I recognize now that those are fear-based motives that keep me working harder and willing to suffer. Only you can purify my heart so that I might suffer well for all the right reasons. A hard workout is worthless if it doesn’t help conform me into the likeness of Christ, an agent of change in a hurting world. Use my workouts to make me “fit” for the call of the gospel…to meet a need or heal a hurt.- Amen