Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10
Today’s Workout Of The Day (WOD) is for everyone! Good news! It’s only seven minutes long!
Our lives are comprised of a series of choices. Choose quality over quantity every day. Specifically, when it comes to your wellness, choose quality when it comes to the following three things:
- Spending time with God– The church is filled with people who are teaching them the word of God. And that discipleship is good. But it isn’t designed to take the place of US taking our own time to spend with God. You will get more out your own 10 whole-hearted minutes with God, minutes where you want to hear from him personally, than you will get sitting in a seat listening to someone talk to you about God for 45 minutes. The religious leaders of Jesus’ day bragged about how much scripture they knew, but they missed out on personally knowing the messiah, Jesus Christ, who stood right in front of them. Yes…quality over quantity when it comes to spending time with God.
- Spending time with people– I can be with my kids and not really be with my kids. Fifteen quality minutes a day with them, where I get after their hearts, is going to reap more of a harvest in our lives then me spending the whole day in their space but never really present.
- Thoughts we have– We must watch our thoughts. Our thoughts become our lives. The best thoughts make for the best lives. It’s imperative we learn to actively interrupt and edit the thousands of thoughts we have a day with The One better thought.
- Food/drink choices we make– If we set ourselves to FIRST make a quality food/drink choice, we won’t have to worry so much about what quantity to eat. Try to make the best quality choice in food/drink as an act of devotion to God and his love for you…his creation. Prepare yourself to say bye-bye to calorie-counting apps forever. More about the kinds of quality foods to eat is coming up on Day 19!
- Yes…this workout is from our private VIPtv vault, and it is intense! The greater the intensity, the greater the total commitment you must make. That’s the point. It’s only seven minutes…you can do it! Let God lead you.
- FOOD! Going forward, when it comes to your food/drink choices, make it a point to take a moment to ask God, “What’s the best choice I can make right now?” Wait a moment to hear. Then do what He says.
TIME: 7 minutes (if you feel called to complete another round or two…please do! But only if it’s pride-free!)
INTENSITY: On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being how you feel when you are lying down, 10 being you can barely breathe and can’t go another second more, I want you to work at a level 7-9. 7 for the beginners and 9 for the advanced.
PRAYER: God, I easily fall prey to the lie that more is better. I know now that better is better. I choose better. And you are the best! Please give me the grace to make the best choices as I become the quality person you have certainly created me to be. Amen.