We are in the throes of an extremely chilly cold-front that has hit our normally quite warm little coastal town. The temperatures this morning must have been just above 5° Celsius. It is cold. As I got up early this morning to get ready for the day, and I felt how cold it was, I realized that I am grateful for:
- My lovely warm, winter gown that my gorgeous husband bought me for my birthday last year that kept me so nice and warm this morning in this bitterly cold weather.
- My beautiful husband – who looked so handsome and gorgeous getting ready for work this morning – who always lies on my side of the bed to warm the bed up for me, so that I don’t get into a cold bed at night.
- My beautiful little girl who tells me often that I’m just the mommy she always wanted. How precious is that?
- For her laughing in her sleep – on a few occasions now – but especially this morning, she had a good giggle while fast asleep. How happy must her dreams be if she is laughing in her sleep? So precious.
- For my car – that reliably takes me to work and back again every day so that I don’t have to rely on public transport.
Thank you dear God for these precious gifts in my life.