Last night, as I got home, it felt like I had hit a brick wall. All of the negative thoughts, and thinking, a feelings of fears and anxieties came whooshing back and as I sat at dinner last night, I became very fearful of having another anxiety attack in front of my family. It. Did. Not. Happen.
And so today, I am grateful for:
- Once again realising that I have nothing to be afraid of. That God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.
- My beautiful warm bed – with this cold winter weather, I am most blessed to have this lovely warm bed at night.
- My handsome, caring husband.
- A long time ago, after having a boyfriend break up with me just before our senior dance at school, and my mother was in hospital, I remember sitting on the bed crying, because I was all alone. That nobody could truly love me. And I believed that lie for a very long time. The truth is that we are not alone – I am grateful that God is our helper, and that He is with us every single day.
- My family – that God has given me this vehicle of companionship and love through my family. And that we are never truly alone in this world.
- My marriage – even through all the difficulty, the changes, the stress and pressure, I love my husband and he loves me and we have a good marriage.
Thank you God for all you have given me.
There is so much to be grateful for and I pray for the strength to focus on my life with deep gratitude for all that I have.