Red always makes me think of love. And love makes me think of my husband. And how much he loves me and how much I love him. Red makes me think of carnations and somewhere in my distant memory; I seem to recall that my dad used to grow red carnations in our front yard. Red makes me think of happiness and joy and laughter. Red stands out and is noticed. And I hope that the love for my husband is noticed, as the carnations in my distant memory were noticed by all the kids walking home from school and who always used to pick one from our garden as they walked by. Red makes me think of love. And love makes me think of how much God loves us – in every way possible and how He always, always wants what is best for us, in every way possible. Red is such a happy colour with such happy connotations. And I love the colour red. At one point I had a red handbag, mobile and wallet. Love, love love red.
This was written as a part of 5 minute Fridays over at Gypsy Mama Interested in linking up? Go over there for more information and to link up, but these are the rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat on the word of the day – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.. Hope to see you on the Linky!!
- Flowers and What They Symbolize (dp2web.wordpress.com)
- Victorian Carnation Style Metal Casket Collection Just Released by China Casket Manufacturer MillionaireCasket.com (prweb.com)
- Facts about Glass: Sanguine and Carnation (boppardconservationproject.wordpress.com)
- Glimmer of Hope (beingrebekah.com)