21 Days to a Happier You
As I read back through blog posts I’ve written over the past year, one theme comes up more than any other and that is the single best piece of marital advice Keith and I have received, and thank God we heard it in our first year of marriage: happiness is a choice. I’ve now travelled the world, interviewing couples happily married 25 years or more in 10 vastly different countries and I continue to come back to this singular notion that we all have control over our own happiness.
It has long been accepted that it takes 21 days to create a new habit. The challenge is I have no idea where that concept ever began and don’t know that it’s ever been proven. But I do know if I focus on the same goal for 21 days, I am more likely to continue working toward it and it is highly unlikely I won’t see some positive development from my focus within those first 21 days. Whether that be a consistent fitness regime, healthy eating or beginning each day with a thought of gratitude.
Like me, I know many of you absolutely love being married. The relationship with your husband is a great source of happiness. But are you happy in every aspect of your life? If your answer is no, this is the series for you!
Join me Monday as we dive into the 3 things (yes, they’re only three) that impact your overall happiness for better or worse:
Relationship with Self
Relationship with Others
These three relationships control every other aspect of our lives and if we have any hope whatsoever of living the life we most desire, exceeding the goals we set for ourselves and living a genuine life full of happiness and peace, all three of these relationships will need to be improved.
But I’ve got some great news! It doesn’t require more than 21 days to make these improvements and you’ll be on your way to a happier you…just in time for Christmas! Don’t wait until January 1st to make resolutions to live a happier life, be a better you, and love more completely. Let’s begin together…Monday, November 19th. See you here, same time, same place.
Until Monday…make it a great weekend!
- 21 Days to Form a Habit. (tjoetsie.wordpress.com)
- Day 21. Control. (forlornhopediary.wordpress.com)
- 21-Day Meditation Challenge – Operation Get Your Life Continues (patranila.blogspot.com)
- 21 Days to a Happier You (babymamasblog.wordpress.com)
- Exercise Your Way to a New You (babymamasblog.wordpress.com)
- You’ve got the dreamers disease… (babymamasblog.wordpress.com)
- Self-Help Projects Promise Happiness In Just 21 Days (psfk.com)
- The Health Benefits of Marriage (everydayhealth.com)
- iPhone app kickstarts your healthy lifestyle (reviews.cnet.com)
- Picture a day – #21 (jessbrady1035.wordpress.com)