…but I am still here. And on occasion I even get to read your blogs. So, in a nut shell, the last couple of months have been as follows:
- December just flew by. And we were still wearing winter woolies right up to Christmas.
- We just had a quiet time at home – and I loved it. Working this hectic pace, it was lovely just to sit and relax (well, as much as can be done with an extremely active toddler running about the place).
- And speaking of which, Baby Girl loved Christmas. She helped to decorate the Father Christmas Tree and couldn’t wait for Father Christmas to visit her. And she was spoilt. And loved it.
- But, my time at home was short – and back to work on the Tuesday.
- In January we had the loveliest weather – it was hot. As in summer had finally arrived in little old Port Elizabeth. Alas, it is now gone, because Hubby and I are now watching TV under the blankets.
- But, while we had our brief summer – Baby Girl swam in her little blow up pool and loved it. We put the bottom of the slide into the pool and she had a ball. Hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed watching her having so much fun.
However, Baby Girl has learnt a habit or two – like if its hot enough, all her clothes come off. To be honest, if it’s just us at home, I don’t mind, but when we have visitors, she must keep her clothes on. Secondly, she will only wee-wee on the grass. Seriously. Best way to potty train – apparently. She does – however – go to time out quite a bit. Hubby and I won’t put up with cheekiness or rudeness, but she’s very quick to say sorry and then it’s all over with. In fact, I’ve bought an incentive chart which we will be using – like learning to wake up “happy & laughing” (this is quite difficult because I’m no pleasure first thing in the morning – however, I do think she can learn to be a little more pleasant when she wakes up). And she insists on wearing a nappy at home (after school, etc) even though she is fully potty trained at school. So, we will be working on these little aspects with the incentive chart. Far better than giving a spanking, although I’m not against that if need be – just needs to be the last resort when there are other alternatives to discipline available.
And can you believe it – Hubby and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. You know – after 12 years, I am still so proud to be married to my hubby. Wow – 12 years. And Baby Girl’s new thing is to dance and sing – she gets really shy, but it is so cute when you catch her off guard.
Also, Hubby and I had to be “taught” the days of the week the other day. She had a stick and was pointing to her “board” and said, “right mommy and daddy, how many days of the week?” And then proceeded to tell us, “seven days – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.”
And she speaks Afrikaans better than what I do. Seriously – that’s just plain scary.
Well, I will commit myself to blogging more often, but it is difficult. I’m up at 05:00, getting everything ready for the day – and I still run late. Work is hectic and I only sit down for the first time at about 20:00. Then I’m too tired to blog. Just too tired.
But, the boss ain’t here right now, so if I can – when I can – I will blog at work.
The Baby Mama