This is so way cool – Angel gave me a blog award. My very first, my very own blog award. Wow. I am new to blogging and don’t have much time to blog as much as what I would like, but I am enjoying the blogging experience none-the-less. Perhaps one day I’ll come out of hiding… perhaps…
And now onto the 7 things about me (I may have to take some from my “about me” page).
- I am a Virgo – I am perfect in every way and demand everyone else be too. I’m just kidding. I also have a sense of humour. Albeit it a weird one.
- I love being married.
- I love the colour pink. And black. And red. Ooh, I love red (I have a red handbag, wallet, cellphone… I kid you not.)
- I wanted to be everything when I was growing up. Seriously, I wanted to be a doctor, an astronomer, a marine biologist – never a mommy. And what am I, besides a secretary? A mommy – and I love it.
- I am a bath person. With a good book and lots of bubbles. And perhaps a glass of wine. Or two.
- My favourite movies of all times are any books by Margaret Atwood and Terry Pratchett. Margaret Atwood – honestly one of the best authors I’ve ever read.
- I drive too slow. Speed scares me. Seriously. Which is why I live in Port Elizabeth.
And now I have to award it to others. There are many pages and blogs I enjoy – seriously enjoy. I don’t always get the time to read all the posts, but I do so enjoy them.
So, here goes…
- Alida from Seize the Chocolate, who happens to be a real life friend of mine, too (imagine that). And is one of the few people to actually get my sense of humour. Enough said.
- Scary Mommy – because I’m pretty sure I fit this description more often than I’d care to admit.
- Sleepy Jane – I really enjoy her quirky posts. I think its wonderful.
- Because I can – because you can!!! Just gotta love it. What a motivating line – because I can. No reason needed.
- Acidicice – because some of the experiences we’ve been through have been so similar (her grandfather passing on, my Ouma passing on, we’ve both got toddlers, we’re both trying to lose weight…)
- A bit of this a Bit of That – I also really like her writing style and she feels passionate about people using correct grammar (suddenly I’m rereading everything here…:-)
- Angels mind – because I’ve had Angel’s cupcakes. Enough said. Okay, will say “WOW” and sigh because I live so far away.
- Harassed Mom – because she comes across as such a kind and gentle soul, and is preparing me for life with more than one (if we are ever blessed to have another)
- Moms Who Need Wine – because man oh man, I so often do…
I know I don’t have 15, but I only follow these blogs… and I really enjoy all of them.
So if you have been awarded this little badge of honour, these are the rules.
1. Thank and link back to the blogger (or bloggers) who awarded you this award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Award fifteen recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award! (Will do this on Monday – running out of time this afternoon)
The Baby Mama