On Saturday Hubby & I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary – yessirree folks, hubby and I have been married for more than a decade and have been together for over 13 years. Wow. And you know what – I still love him, in fact, I think I love him more now than ever before. And things have not been easy for us financially, and we have had a few setbacks, but in the end, we have each other and Baby Girl has the two of us.
This post is dedicated to my favourite memories over the last 11 years, and well, won’t be completed today but I’ll continue to add to this list – so check back often:
The day we met – both doing cellular training. Him for The Cell Shop, me for MTN. He sat opposite me – and what can I say? The rest is history.
Having drinks together after that training – we just chatted like we had known each other forever.
Having braai’s on his little balcony overlooking the harbour – stunning.
The day we went to pick up our cat – who was such a character. I still miss him.
Sugs. Sugs was a cat who lived a few doors down, but decided it was much nicer to live with us. If we lay on our tummy’s, Sugs would climb onto our shoulders and give us a shoulder massage. Unfortunately, it did cause conflict with his owners, and we couldn’t invite him in (which is when we got our own cat), but Sugs was also quite a character.
Hubby writing his book and me coming home from work to find him lying on the floor, pretending to be passed out. Still makes me giggle to this day.
Going to his place at 01:00 in the morning and his house mate opens the door, looks me up and down and says to me, “So, what do you think?”
Going to St. Francis.
Our wedding day – what an awesome wedding we had.
Pouring with rain on our wedding day – and yes, we had an outside wedding. However, the rain passed, the sun came out and it was absolutely awesome.
Fetching our Big Dog just outside Port Alfred.
Hubby buying his car in 2000 and picking me up from work afterwards.
Buying our first house – I loved going house hunting every Sunday afternoon until we found our perfect starter home.
- Having romantic dinners at home, lighting candles and playing lovely music.
- Hubby doing his MBA – was hard going, but I am so very proud of him.
- Building our new house.
- Our Kontiki tour in 2002 – what an awesome holiday. Would go again tomorrow in the blink of an eye.
- Big Dog stealing lamb chops put outside to defrost – the poor dog couldn’t believe his luck until we took it away from him. I really miss Big Dog.
- Celebrating our second anniversary in Paris on our Kontiki tour.
- Seeing London with Hubby (also on our Kontiki tour).
- Buying a new car when we got back from our holiday.
- Our cat demanding fresh water be let into the bathroom basin before he would drink anything.
- Hubby winning a skiing trip from an incentive package through work – I couldn’t go with, and I was devastated that he was going without me, but so very proud of him that he had won and that he had such a great time. (Okay, the gold bracelet he bought back from Dubai did help ease the pain of me not going…)
- Hubby giving me that gold bracelet from Dubai – I was speechless, it was so stunning.
- Running through The Louvre to make sure we see the Mona Lisa before closing time (all part of the Kontiki tour holiday mentioned earlier).
- Hubby telling me that the mark on our cat’s nose was an oil gauge to keep his skin shiny and it would disappear if he didn’t have enough oil. I believed him. We still laugh about that to this day. Yes, I am blond (now more salon assisted blond than natural, but somewhere there is natural blond within…:-))
- Braaing pork sausages when we camped at Storm’s River for the first time – we camped in winter, and sitting around the fire, eating pork sausage hot dogs was wonderful. We then attempted to make coffee on the fire, using a tin can – only to discover the next morning there was a whole camp kitchen with permanent boiling water just around the corner from where we were camping.
- House sitting for a friend who had an indoor fireplace and it was winter – it was wonderful falling asleep in front of the fire.
- Our first Christmas together, we had a little braai at the house where he was staying. I gave him a little ship in a bottle, and a book on wine. He gave me a beautiful golden candle stand (which I still have).
- Our cat breaking our computer table – he used to run wild in the house to get rid of excess energy (he was still a kitten) and the computer table had wheels and he somehow managed to push it off the balcony (from the lounge).
- Our cat playing with us when we used to garden in the old house – he loved to hide behind the plants and pounce on our hands as we were pulling out weeds.
- Big Dog flicking his body to get his dog chain off.
- Walking Big Dog.
- Watching movies on the old pull out sleeper couch that we had.
- 2016/06/05 – Hubby and Baby Girl cycling together – she packed a little picnic so that they could cycle and then rest a little and then continue on their cycle. How sweet is that?