We have been having a horrendous time with Baby Girl the last two nights. She’s got an ENT infection, with mucous in her lungs and well, she’s gone a little mutant with not feeling well. I honestly take my hat off to single moms – because I don’t know how I would cope without my Hubby’s support. So, for my hubby, I thought I’d list 100 things about him that I love, like and really admire.
He has the most amazing blue eyes – it’s the first thing I noticed about him.
He has the most gorgeous smile.
A wicked sense of humour.
He listens to me – he doesn’t find my intelligence or world view threatening at all (like most of the guys I dated before we met).
He cooks. And really well.
He enjoy Science Fiction – books or movies.
He loves vampire movies almost as much as what I do.
He loves his animals.
He’ll stop to help an injured stray dog.
He loves the sea – even though he grew up in Kimberly.
He has friends that he has known since he was a toddler – and they still keep in contact today (that’s almost 40 years of friendship).
He comes from a stable, well-functioning family.
He is very protective of his family.
He is a believer.
He did the Iron Man.
He must just complete his dissertation and then he is an MBA graduate.
He lived overseas for a year (before we met, but he went even though he didn’t know anyone over there).
He always makes sure that everyone has a drink – wherever we go.
He has an entrepreneurial spirit – he has successfully run his own business since his retrenchment in 2005. Although we’re still battling financially, I have no doubt he will one day be a huge success.
- He is an awesome kisser.
- Yes, he definitely does know what he is doing in that department:-).
- My favourite place in the entire world is lying in his arms at night after we’ve gone to bed.
- He is ambitious.
- He agreed to have Baby Girl even when he really didn’t want to have children – because he could see it was something I needed to do.
- He gets on well with people – all people from all walks of life.
- He knows who he is.
- He enjoys time out with the boys, but would much rather spend that time with me.
- He researches any and everything before he attempts it.
- He talks to people – asks their opinion, gets feedback, discusses things, he enjoys people.
- He combs our dogs regularly.
- He is on poop patrol in our backyard. And doesn’t mind.
- He helps out with Baby Girl whenever he can.
- He cooks while I bath Baby Girl and get her ready for bed.
- He cleans the bath while the food is cooking and I’m drying Baby Girl and getting her dressed.
- He then helps me clean the kitchen after we’ve eaten.
- He admires the fact that I can be in the room with Baby Girl while she is screaming for whatever reason.
- Seeing Baby Girl upset or ill distresses him.
- He is well read – he used to read so much, his mother used to take the books away from him so that he could go outside to play.
- He bought his sister two cats after her divorce.
- He would love to do any cycle race or extreme sport race with his brother.
- He is deeply fond of his mother.
- He can’t sit still – he is always exploring, thinking, understanding.
- Whenever we travel somewhere by car, we always chat – in fact, we love travelling by car for that very reason.
- He is patient.
- He is kind. He is one of the kindest people I know.
- He treats people fairly.
- He respects people.
- He will always give someone a second chance – even when other people wouldn’t.
- He will look after Baby Girl some mornings so that I can sleep in a bit.
- He’ll go to the shops to buy whatever we need, when I simply don’t have the energy to do that (like buying milk for Baby Girl when we had run out).
- He snores when he’s had too much to drink. It’s very cute.
- Keeping fit and healthy is very important to him.
- He loves chocolate and can’t stay away from eating any chocolate in the house.
- He loves peppermint tea.
- He likes my friends. Well, most of them, anyway.
- He always encourages me to develop myself further – write, run my own business, exercise.
- He believes in my potential.
- He loves me. Totally, completely and amazingly.
- He’ll do anything for me – even give up a job he loves if I felt threatened by it.
- Or give up cycling – if I ever felt the need to ask him to do that.
- He enjoys taking me out for supper – doesn’t happen very often at the moment, but we enjoy it when we do go out.
- He reads people really well – I’m a bad judge of character and will always ask his opinion. And he has NEVER been wrong. EVER.
- He can be quite naughty and mischievous.
- He would like to own a wolf sanctuary. And have a pack of wolves on our land – perhaps one day he should do that.
- He’s not scared of anything. It’s so amazing to see when I’m scared of just about everything.
- He tries to live his life to the full.
- He adores his niece (his sister’s baby).
- He doesn’t get jealous of people with money, but rather those living differently – like his friend who is captain of a surf boat in Thailand. Or his other friend who is going to climb Kilimanjaro in November.
- He would love to take me overseas to experience a white Christmas.
- He would love to live overseas. Anywhere, as long as it’s with me.
- He would love to get his pilot’s licence. I looked into this and it’d cost R100 000 minimum – perhaps one day when I win the Lotto, I’ll give that as a gift to him.
- He enjoys photography – he has a really nice camera, but seldom finds the time these days to enjoy this hobby.
- My satisfaction is very important to him.
- He organised a new cellphone for me when I had flushed my other one down the toilet by accident (long story).
- He bought me a laptop. A very nice, swanky one.
- Life with him is never boring.
- He likes my mom.
- He gets on well with my dad.
- He was very good with my Gran when she was still alive.
- He allows me to deal with my anxieties in my own way and yet still lets me see things objectively.
- He knows things – he has amazing general knowledge.
- He is very, very intelligent. Probably the most intelligent person I know.
- He speaks Afrikaans really well – in fact, when he was younger, people thought he was Afrikaans because he spoke it so well.
- He is Catholic.
- He is the kind of person I would love my kids to grow up like.
- He is gentle.
- He put my cellphone on charge the other night when I was battling with Baby Girl and forgot to do it.
- He’ll cover me with a blanket if I fall asleep in front of the TV (which happens often these days).
- He’ll make me toast when I’m hungry.
- He’ll buy strawberries and cream for a treat, because its one of my favourites.
- He loves me even though I haven’t yet lost all my baby weight.
- He loves cats.
- He’ll never intentionally harm or hurt another living creature.
- He has faith.
- He’ll spot whales or dolphins in the water long before anyone else.
- He is the most amazing man I know.